I just love to celebrate my little one's monthly birthdays... After having eaten cakes for every month since the past 10 months, my "not a sweet tooth" husband said, no more cakes this month. He said we will celebrate and do everything else apart from the cake..... but to me, a birthday felt incomplete without a cake... Then I thought, why not reduce the portion and make mini cake....after all a small slice will do no harm ... I wanted to make something to match her pink outfit ...After some head scratching, I came up with the idea of this Hazelnut flavoured Pink mini cakes... to keep everyone happy :) .... The best thing is the whole cake is prepared in less than 30 minutes from start to finish :)
The duo (daddy and the daughter) loved it :)
The cake is a simple vanilla cake made in microwave in 2 minutes, just added a little color for the pink effect. The icing is hazelnut flavoured whipped cream. Instead of sugar syrup, I have used Hazelnut syrup to brush the cake.
All purpose flour (Maida)- 7 Tbsp
Powdered Sugar - 3 Tbsp
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt- a pinch
Milk - 5 Tbsp
Oil - 3Tbsp
Hazelnut syrup - few drops
Red Color - few drops
Hazelnut Syrup - 2 Tbsp
Whipped cream - 2 cups
Red color - few drops
1. In a bowl sieve Maida (APF), baking powder and salt .
2. Add the sugar and give it a mix.
3. Add all the wet ingredients (oil, milk , Hazelnut syrup and red color ) to it and mix it to form a batter.
4. Pour the batter in muffin moulds or greased ramekins(or small bowls) and microwave it for 2 mins. Give a couple of mins standing time and check . If not cooked, then microwave for 30 seconds .
5. Let it cool completely.
1. Add few drops of hazelnut syrup to the whipped cream and divide in two portions.
2. Add few drops of color to one portion.
3. Once the cake cools, slice it horizontally in three equal portions.
4. Take a layer, brush it with hazelnut syrup and cover with plain whipped cream. Now put another cake layer on top of it, and repeat the same .
5. Top it with the third layer and cover the whole cake with plain whipped cream.
6. In a piping bag, add the colored whipped cream and pipe it on the cake as required .